The tree with the lights in it.

26 April 2007

Dreamt that dream I wanted to dream.

I woke up grumpy. As soon as I stepped outside, I looked up and saw three giant feathers set against a blue backdrop. White, skinny, wispy cloud feathers.
Before Esmé goes to sleep, I lie down next to her and we talk for a little while. The other night, I was lying on her bed while she was writing a message in secret code using a pencil with a tiny sombrero on the end of it. I closed my eyes for a minute, and Esmé touched my forehead really gently with the little sombrero. I opened my eyes and she was looking at me with a look I have only seen mothers give their newborn babies.
I am going to France and Iceland in a couple weeks with David. Is there any chance of seeing the Northern Lights in Iceland in May? There will be nearly perpetual daylight then, so I'm not sure. We tried to see the Lights in Alaska, but no such luck. What is the opposite of seasonal depression? Seasonal elation?