The tree with the lights in it.

04 October 2007

Warmer and softer.

A day to wander back roads and state parks in the Midwest feels old and familiar. We played a massive fancy art museum auditorium in Columbus last night and immediately went to a punk basement show and saw people we knew from Michigan and Pennsylvania and California. It is nice to see fall foliage and to travel the country with my best friend. A boy in Chicago asked for a photo with me and gushed about some show he saw me play in New York. I realized he thought I was Khaela from The Blow, but I didn't tell him. A girl bought me a shot of tequila, another girl offered to buy me a drink, and another girl patted my butt in Chicago. Every night a middle-aged man in business casual comes up and talks to me and buys a picture disc. I miss my bed and my cats and my friend, but it is good to lie in the sand next to Lake Michigan and to take creepy photos at Meijer late at night and to sleep in a twin size bed with my sister and to go to a high school football game with my parents and my brother and to remember how disgusting Faygo root beer tastes.