The tree with the lights in it.

16 May 2007

Nice niece in Nice.


I am in Nice. Where les fenêtres open out to a little square where mopeds and scooters and gelatto are kept. Where la Bibliothèque is a giant blockhead. Where la Mer is blue blue bleu. And where les petits oiseaux are so brave and friendly. I've had a few successful French "conversations," but mostly my brain is a confusion of English, French, and German, and I'm constantly second-guessing my grammar. David is mastering "Je voudrais un pain au chocolat, s'il vous plaît."
The south of France is all lilacs, poppies, irises, petunias, palm trees, morning glories, and a bunch of plants I don't know. Je ne sais pas.
je ne sais pas je ne sais pas je ne sais pas je ne sais pas je ne sais pas je ne sais pas je ne sais pas
Yesterday we saw sheep, horses, cows, and roosters from a small train that took us into the mountains of Provence.
Tomorrow we are off to Geneva and the French Alps.